Forwarding packets on same interface (echoing)

Martin van den Berg martinvdberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:05:26 CEST 2005

G'day,

I have this NAT/firewall box (debian) configured with iptables. Port
forwarding etc works fine for one exception: A need a rule that
'echoes' back udp packets if they meet the following criteria:
+ in-interface=eth1 (that's the 'private' interface)
+ destination IP is public ip-address (e.g. 1.2.3.4) (that's eth0)
+ Port range is e.g. 30000-32000
+ The packets need to be forwarded via eth0 (thus echoed) to e.g.
10.10.1.2, same port.

Hope you can help me and thanks in advance!

Martin.