is this the zillionth mail asking for this detail?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 22:11:50 CEST 2005

[ top-posting fixed ]
On Wednesday 2005-August-10 10:37, Edmundo Carmona wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Edmundo Carmona <eantoranz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But for the record: for locally generated packets the routing
> > > engine is called after OUTPUT only if source address, destination
> > > address, nfmark field or tos of the skbuff changed. So it's not
> > > called blindly for every packet.

> Sorry to reply on an old thread.. but I think it's a good point to
> start my next questions. Does the same policy stand on FORWARD? There
> will be another routing decision if source address, destination
> address, nfmark field or tos of the skbuff changed???

Of which FORWARD are you asking, filter or mangle? In either case I
think the routing decision has already been made. In neither case
(TTBOMK; I don't know much about mangle) can you change source and
destination IP addresses. Why would there be another routing decision?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header