is this the zillionth mail asking for this detail?

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de
Thu Aug 11 07:57:27 CEST 2005

>Sorry to reply on an old thread.. but I think it's a good point to
>start my next questions. Does the same policy stand on FORWARD? There
>will be another routing decision if source address, destination
>address, nfmark field or tos of the skbuff changed???

No, that's too late. You can only change the src/dst addresses in the nat
table, which comes before the routing decision. If you write a module for
-t mangle which then pokes on the addr, you're probably too late, i.e. no
routing.

You might however, force a rerouting decision when using the -j ROUTE target.

Jan Engelhardt