about NFQUEUE and nth match

Eric Leblond eric at inl.fr
Mon Aug 1 22:42:41 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 16:29 -0400, Frank Abel Cancio Bello wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Some time ago I post a mail in this list
> ("https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2005-April/059499.html")
> asking about how manage packets  that was captured with "libipq" and "QUEUE"
> target in different threads or process.
>
> Now with the new "NFQUEUE" target I can have many process reading parckets
> in different queues numbers and using "nth match" to spread equitably over
> all process the captured packects.

This look terribly awfull to me ! You better use a single multithreaded
application.

> My questions are:
>
> 1-What libipq's functions change and how? I look in the manpage in the
> recent 1.3.3 iptables release and don't find anything.

It will come soon, userspace lib is only available from svn. A compat
libipq library is planned but there's still work to do on it.
SVN is available at :
	http://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/trunk/
Currently the userspace API is work in progress...

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <eric at inl.fr>
INL