REDIRECT to multiple ports

Shpend Bakalli shbakalli at gmx.net
Wed Sep 29 22:38:59 CEST 2004

I have a transparent squid proxy with 3 running squid processes in it (to make use of mltiprocessor architecture). Each have different ports.
I'm using REDIRECT to redirect packets comming with destination port 80 to ports 3127 - 3129 in the proxy server.
Although the distribution of the requests should be done in a round-robin fashion, it seems it is not done like that.
Any idea how kernel/iptables manages this kind of redirection? Is it a simple round-robin or there is some other method of distribution?

Kernel: 2.6.4-52-smp

Regards,
Shpend Bakalli