connection tracking without iptables?

Alexis alexis at tpys.com.ar
Wed Sep 29 22:57:29 CEST 2004

Yes it is, is inside the code, i think this example could explain you

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i $inside_interface -o $outside_interface -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i $outside_interface -m state --state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

That's it, this is what you need in order to get a statefull firewall with 2
interfaces.