please help - iptables drops tcp/ip connections

mohan at roomsnet.com mohan at roomsnet.com
Wed Sep 15 18:31:24 CEST 2004

Hi
Please advice, I am running a iptables 1.2.11 on Debian Woody with 2.4.24
kernel. I have a DMZ with 7 machines (4 linux, 3 windows) and 80 Windows
machines on the LAN side.

The windows machines makes a lot of tcp/ip connections with internal
client machines (oracle and java). As certain time (around 4000
simultaneous TCP/IP connections) the machine running iptables drops
connections and failures occur.

Are there any kernel or iptables setting required to be set for such a
large number of connections???
Please advice

Thanks
Mohan