Conntrack helpers for ICQ and MSN Messenger

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Sat Sep 11 02:19:26 CEST 2004

Hi,
you dont need helpers for icq it works out of the box
if you want file transfer use somethin like this
#message icq
/usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4000 -j ACCEPT
#this for  icq file transfer tradittional version
#first user configure icq to use ports 24500:24505 for file transfer
/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i ppp0 --dport
24500:24505 -j DNAT --to 10.10.100.50
/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i ppp0 --dport
24510:24515 -j DNAT --to 10.10.100.52

configure your icq client using ie tcp 24510:24515 for file transfer

#msn
/usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1863 -j ACCEPT

http://reaim.sourceforge.net/
may help you too with msn file transfer

Regards