SNAT will only take the servers IP

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Fri Sep 3 23:09:12 CEST 2004

I have my IPTABLES set up and was going to SNAT to multiple IP's on my
network (IE.  IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source
xxx.xxx.xxx.10-xxx.xxx.xxx.50)  The only way I can get it to work though
is to SNAT --to-source xxx.xxx.xxx.215 which is the IP address of my
server.  How come I cannot use anymore of my Class C network like I want to?

Does translating to multiple IPs instead of just 1 help with speed any?
Thanks for any information.
--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

WindowS
     LinUX!

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.