Default routing setup

Sunny Shum sshum at
Fri Sep 3 23:38:05 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I am a newbie into the Linux world, and I recently built a firewall box (2
NICs, internal network as with RedHat 9.  Everything works
fine, except the routing table.  Every time when the system has reboot, I
have to do the following command:
prompt>route del default
prompt>route add default gateway [external gateway IP]
Because I don't do that, and if I just type "route" at the prompt, the
default is point back to the internal NIC.  Is there a way to make this
permanent?  I tried to edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network by adding the
line "" but it doesn't work.
Sunny Shum