Problem with SNAT

Bgs bgs at
Thu Sep 2 20:57:18 CEST 2004

I have problems with the following setup:

A linux with two NICs. One with IP of and one with
I have DNAT-ed traffic coming in on the that was originally
sent to (Another node doing the DNAT). I have problems on the
route back so I decided to SNAT the backward udp traffic to  soource and send the SNATed packets back on another route.

I added the line to nat postrouting (-d target_net -s -p udp -j
SNAT --to-source but the packages don't even seem to hit the
nat postrouting chain. Let alone my SNAT rule.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?