Is iptables available for Mac OS 10.X

Alex Chen alex_chen@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:21:32 -0700

Thanks for the information, Ed.

-----Original Message-----
From: netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org
[mailto:netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org]On Behalf Of Edward Moon
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 5:57 PM
To: Aldo S. Lagana
Cc: alex_chen@sbcglobal.net; netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: RE: Is iptables available for Mac OS 10.X

FYI,

You don't need to even 'get' ipfw on Mac OS X. It's there by default (at
/sbin/ipfw).

When you enable the firewall under System Preferences -> Sharing ->
Firewall, you are using a dumbed down GUI to ipfw.

If you check freshmeat.net or www.versiontracker.com, you'll find a number
of GUI frontends available for ipfw on Mac OS X.