Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:25:33 +0900
I'm suffering unexpected trouble which permitted packets can't
sometimes pass through my Box, although nobody have never
changed the rules nor configures.
The phenomenon is summarized the following,
1) Sometimes, I can't telnet from inside-host to Internet-host.
2) 3 chains are related to this; FORWARD, PRE & POSTROUTING.
3) This packet seems not to be dropped by Filtering rules.
Because all un-accepted packets are to be recorded in a log file.
4) Packets come into Box, but go outside. (monitoring with tcpdump)
5) Momory status looks well. (with vmstat)
6) This problem recover automatically after 1 or few hours.
To "reboot" the Box can be the way for recovery.
7) Everywhen this phenomenon came out, my provider had problem &
closed the connection to he Internet. However I'm not sure this
is related to the phenomenon.
I want to find out the reasons, what happened on my box.
How can I debug ?
Versions: iptables 1.1.1 & Linux 2.4.0-test8
LAC Co., LTD.