ipnatctl: exclude addresses

Paul Rusty Russell Paul.Russell@rustcorp.com.au
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:26:06 +0930

In message <19990923085330.A17728@vergenet.net> you write:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 03:43:02PM +1000, Harry Holt wrote:
> > ipnatctl -I -p tcp -s -b dest
> I put in ipnatctl -I -s -d -b dest
> and this seems to have the effect of not mangling packets from
> destined for As it happens
> needs to be masqueraded to the outside world but I assume that
> ipnatctl -I -s would not mangle any packets from

Use -b source, not -b dest.  You'll get away with it 99.9% of the time
(since the code always tries to do a null mapping if it can), but
should there ever be a clash (which shouldn't happen on your layout),
it'll think `let's try mapping to a different IP in the range... OK, is free...'

NAT is fucking ugly,
Hacking time.