OOPs with NetFilter 0.1.7 + Kernel v2.3.17

Richard Rak rakr@home.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:42:53 -0400

> Paul Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> In message <37DD2A9F.5E7FC452@home.com> you write:
> >
> >       Hello...
> >
> >       I received the following OOPs with kernel 2.3.17 and NETFILTER 0.1.7.
> > The system died after this, only SYSRQ was available.  The modules
> > loaded were ip_conntrack, ip_conntrack_ftp, ip_nat and ip_nat_ftp.
>
> This oops looks corrupted 8-(.  What were you doing at the time?  Were
> you cat'ing the /proc files?  Receiving heavy local/through traffic?
>
> Rusty.
> --
> Hacking time.

	Actually, the machine was sitting idle.  There was no local net
traffic, and no outbound traffic (to the 'net).  It just happened after
aproximately 3-4 mins after loading the modules.  I did nothing!!!

--
	Richard Rak
	(rakr@home.com)