0.1.7 success and failure

Ronald A. McCormick ramccor@xnet.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:26:23 -0500

Rusty,

	This describes to a tee my performance problems as well... except that
I am not using ipchains.  I converted the ruleset to the equivalent
ipnatctl rules.  Same version netscape, same SLOW os (Win98 SE in my
case) No messages showed up in my /var/adm/messages.   Yes, I get long
delays looking up hosts, long delays retrieving pages (VERY long.  Seems
to go in bursts somewhere abound 15-30 k then long pauses then 15-30 k
again... repeating.  So it appears to be continuous.

	I will look for 0.1.8 and try that when available.  If there are any
other hints to try please let me know.

	-Ronald McCormick
	ramccor@xnet.com