Firewalling and Masquerading HOWTOs

David A. Ranch dranch@trinnet.net
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:42:41 -0700

Hey Paul and other NetFilter peoples..

Paul Jenner recently brought up a good point.

I know many of you have lot better things to do than
maintain the HOWTOs for the netfilter/NAT functionality.
Since I've been maintaining the IP-MASQ HOWTO for a
while now, do any of you have any issues with me helping
maintain the NetFilter HOWTOs?

The main reason I'm offering my time is that I realize that
IP Masq is going to die.  Because of this, my role as the
IPMASQ howto maintainer will drop off.  Since I can
effectively contribute to the Linux movement via NAT and
its documentation, I'd like to offer my services.

Thoughts?

--David

	I notice that the netfilter project which is to be the official
firewalling, masquerading and NAT implementation in the upcoming 2.4
kernel is producing a number of HOWTOs to reflect the change.

	Can I ask that those reponsible for the previous HOWTOs covering
these subjects get together with those writing the new so a great resource
may be produced and included in the LDP for this important Linux facility?

	Paul

	Paul S Jenner
	GNU/Linux Advocate

	E-mail:	psj@mustec.eu.org
	WWW:	http://www.mustec.eu.org/~psj/

	UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL IS NOT WELCOME AT THIS ADDRESS

|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         dranch@trinnet.net  |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'