Connlimit and linux-2.6.17

Krzysztof Oledzki olenf at ans.pl
Fri Jul 21 22:06:48 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Andrew Beverley wrote:

>>> I (and others, see netfilter list) are having trouble compiling kernel
>>> 2.6.17.4 and iptables-1.3.5-20060508 to use connlimit. Once compiled in
>>> and I run:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Yes, the API was changed in 2.6.17, so small fixes are required to allow
>> extensions to work. I'm currently traveling a lot so connlimit & TARPIT is
>> still on my TODO list. I'm going to finish it ASAP but with limited
>> GPRS/EDGE access it is not so simple.
>
> Many thanks.

OK, I fixed the connlimit extension. Please:

  - download recent version of patch-o-matic-ng

  - remove "patchlets/connlimit" directory from extracted pom-ng

  - run "./runme --download"

  - patch & recompile your kernel, as always

  - tell me if it works (or not).

> I do not envy you working through GPRS - very tedious!

GPRS/EDGE is not so bad, especially if you don't have anything better. ;)

> Will it still be a patch or is it possible to get it in the stable kernel?

Connlimit goes to my external pom-ng repository.

Best regards,

 				Krzysztof Olędzki