iptables target for libnetfilter_log

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Sat Feb 25 09:39:14 CET 2006

Gregor Maier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there's already a target for the new libnetfilter_log
> mechanism or if anyone is currently writing one?

The LOG target uses is as a backend if it is loaded, but this is IMO
actually a mistake, the LOG target should keep working the same way
as it always did. Which reminds me that I wanted to restore the old
way before 2.6.16 is out ..

> If not I'd write one.

Mhh maybe we could add a flag to the LOG target to use whatever nf_log
backend is registered. I'd prefer that to a full new target.