New H.323 conntrack & NAT helper module

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Wed Feb 22 07:17:15 CET 2006

Jing Min Zhao wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I've written a new H.323 conntrack & NAT helper module for Netfilter.
>
> I have five years experience in H.323 development and many years in Linux
> development, so I know many people out there need Linux firewall to support
> H.323 as IP phones are becoming more and more popular. I also know Jozsef
> Kadlecsik and Max Kellermann have written such Netfilter modules, but they
> don't support RAS, Fast-Start and H.245 tunnelling. However, these features
> are essential for most modern H.323 devices. Many carriers even don't
> support slow-start at all.

This is great news. I'm actually currently working on an improved
version of the H.323 tracker myself, my version also supports
Fast-Start and Tunneling, but I'm still working on RAS tracking.
Since I'm missing you're 5 years H.323 experience, there's a good
chance that your version is better, I'll have a closer look today.