Writing new Netfilter Modules

Hadrien HAMEL hamel at enseirb.fr
Thu Jun 2 19:17:31 CEST 2005

Gingold Tomasz wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i want to write my own netfilter module. Can anybody tell me how to start?
>Are there any tutorials/documents which could help?
>
>Up to now i have found the "Linux netfilter Hacking HOWTO", especially
>chapter 4 "Information for Programmers.
>Is this the only help i can obtain?
>

>Another question:
>I have found on www.netfilter.org <www.netfilter.org>  the following statement:
>"netfilter and iptables are building blocks of a framework inside the Linux <http://www.kernel.org/>  2.4.x and 2.6.x kernel"
>Does this mean, that netfilter and iptables are part of the kernel and don´t have to be installed?
>
>thanks for helping
>gingold tomasz
>berlin

Hi,

There's a step-by-step description about writing a "match" extension here:

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/February2005/article367.shtml

I'm planning on writing another tutorial to help people developping
extensions for NetFilter :)
If you have any suggestions, send them to me!

--
Hadrien Hamel
French engineer