Per site de-window-scaling

Harald Welte laforge at netfilter.org
Thu Sep 2 23:09:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:01:44PM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Is there a simple way with netfilter to do per-site TCP SYN mangling
> to remove the window scale option?  That way sites that have window-scale
> corrupting firewalls could be blacklisted.

Yes, this is possible with a quite simple piece of code similar to what
I did with the 'ECN' target for known ECN blackholes.

All you do is to iterate over the tcp options and NOP out the window
scaling options.

Please don't copy any of the mistakes we did before, like the option
parsing signedness bug, or overwriting with '0' (end of options) instead
of NOP ;)

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/