accounting NAT-ed packets

Piotrek Kaczmarek kaczorek at
Sun Dec 19 23:48:50 CET 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:12:57AM +0100, Piotrek Kaczmarek wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to account all traffic from the address assigned to the linux box
> (including NAT, locally generated traffic), but i can't. The rule
> iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -s
> seems not to ,,catch'' NAT-ed packets, only locally generated traffic.
> Is there any method to ,,catch'' packets after NAT with netfilter?

I've found a solution. I've added POSTROUTING chain to the raw table but with
higher priority than a nat table, so it is now possible to intercept
packets with nat-ed source addresses. You can download patch from

Could you consider applying this? I couldn't find other solution to do this.

Piotrek Kaczmarek