Tapping ARP add

Cedric Blancher blancher at cartel-securite.fr
Sat Dec 18 11:38:16 CET 2004

Le vendredi 17 décembre 2004 à 23:51 -0800, Vishwas Manral a écrit :
> Is there a way (like netfilter is for tapping packets) by which I can
> register a function which gets called whenever an ARP cache entry is
> added or deleted?

Netfilter will only provide you a way of tapping ARP traffic using
arptables. BTW, there's no driect relation ship between ARP traffic and
cache behaviour unless you just reimplement a ARP cache like "ARP state
tracking" on top of arptables. I really don't think Netfilter can help
you on this.

But you can still have a look at ARP daemon code, because it has a
direct relationship with kernel ARP cache and sure can help you.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE