initial ct_sync port for Linux 2.6

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at sch.bme.hu
Fri Dec 17 00:10:00 CET 2004

   Hi,

   In the last few days I've started porting ct_sync to Linux 2.6 and
Pablo Neira's new notifier API. This evening I managed to get it compile
and work on my UML-based "test system", so I thought it's time to
publish the code. However, since the 2.6 port is still in heavy
development, and because of my difficulties with the Netfilter SVN the
code is aveilable in a public GNU Arch archive repository here:

   http://people.netfilter.org/hidden/archives/2004-public

   For those of you unexperienced with tla, you can get the code using
the following magic incantations:

$ tla register-archive hidden at sch.bme.hu--2004-public \
http://people.netfilter.org/hidden/archives/2004-public
$ tla get -A hidden at sch.bme.hu--2004-public netfilter-ha--mainline--1.0

   The repository contains the complete patchset for Linux 2.6.9, plus
the ported ct_sync code. I've done some changes in the code itself as well:

- simplified conntrack entry manipulation code while trying to minimize
necessary core conntrack patches
- ct_sync does not depend on ctnetlink anymore, only Pablo Neira's new
per-packet conntrack notifier patch is necessary
- the patchtree for 2.6.9 still contains the connmark patch, which has
been included in the mainline kernel recently, so it won't be necessary
for 2.6.10
- polling support in the receive thread has also been included, this
feature is especially experimental (comments welcome)

   Unfortunately I did not have time to update the README yet, it's
slightly outdated when describing the patching process required to
compile ct_sync. However, with a little imagination everyone should be
able to guess which changes to apply to the commands in the README. :)

   Of course, there are a couple of known bugs in the code as well, and
the whole 2.6 tree is even more experimental than the 2.4 variant of the
code.

--
   KOVÁCS, Krisztián