[netfilter-core] [2.6 patch] net/ipv4/netfilter/: misc possible cleanups

Harald Welte laforge at netfilter.org
Thu Dec 16 12:01:46 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:43:32AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Harald Welte wrote:
>
> >Then different patches need different exports, and you have your patches
> >again clashing :(  We've been through this...
>
> Shouldn't be to hard to make pom deal with this in a manner similar to the
> ladd files, or perhaps simply by the ladd mechanism skipping the add if
> the line is there already..

I'd rather not add another of these ugly kludges.  For me personally,
patch-o-matic has largely failed for anything that is not very
self-contained like a new match/target.

And why shouldn't stuff like conntrack/nat_register_protocol be
exported?  That's the whole purpose of those functions ;)

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/