ipset -L causing kernel panic when using macipmap

Peter Surda shurdeek at routehat.org
Mon Dec 6 11:04:15 CET 2004

Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

>'ipset -v' always reports the version number.

Yes it was 1.0.

>Please use ipset 2.0 (i.e ipset utility and the kernel part from
>patch-o-matic-ng) from the svn repository or download the snapshots from
>http://people.netfilter.org/kadlec/ipset/install.html.
>
>It was a useful report because the bug was still present in 2.0 and
>was fixed now.

A whole upgrade is quite complicated, because I have my own distribution
with a lot of patches in kernel and iptables and I wouldn't have the
time to test it after an upgrade at the moment. In the meantime I'll try
to backport this fix and also -S and -R functionality instead :-).

Do I see correctly that the bug was a "- -" instead of "-" in the
list_members function or is it more complicated and I have to use the
whole diff of p-o-m-ng between 1.12. and 6.12.?

>Best regards,
>Jozsef

Thnx,

Peter