check timer active

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Sun Dec 5 20:26:01 CET 2004

>   Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 15:55 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > > ct->timeout->list.next != NULL
> > >
> > > test_bit(IPS_CONFIRMED_BIT, &ct->status)
> >
> > The two is at most if not all times equal as all active conntrack
> entries
> > have a timeout of some sort, but maybe it is possible for the timeout to
> > be established before the conntrack becomes confirmed or something..
>
>   It is definitely possible if you use ct_sync. Replicated entries on
> the slave nodes do not have their timers started, but are in the hash
> tables.

I am writing a new target to manipulate the expire value of a conntrack,
i.e. (ct->timeout.expires). If the expire timeout is not fired, it uses the
timeout value. If it is, it uses jiffies+timeout. In order to check what
state it is at, I'd use "ct->timeout->list.next!=NULL)", right?

Thanks,
Richard