ipset -L causing kernel panic when using macipmap

Peter Surda shurdeek at routehat.org
Fri Dec 3 15:48:56 CET 2004

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct mailing list for ipset, but there
doesn't seem to be much other information online so I'm trying it here.

I'm using kernel 2.4.26, iptables 1.2.11 and ipset 1.0 (at least I think
it is 1.0, changelog claims this) and am playing with it a little.

Using ipmap, everything seems to work fine. When I use macipmap however,
-L causes a kernel panic immediately without any output from ipset
itself. It happens regardless of the number of elements, I tested it
with 0, 2 and 3. Other commands, like -A or -T seem to work correctly
though.

Exact way to reproduce:
modprobe ip_set
modprobe ip_set_macipmap
ipset -N lan macipmap --network 10.0.0.0/24
# I also tried --from, --to and --network 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 with
the same results
ipset -L
# immediate panic

As I said, when I do the same with ipmap instead of macipmap, everything
seems to work ok.

Is this perhaps know and fixed in cvs or something? If not, I could do
some more tests or post more details if I know which ones, or try to
debug it myself.

Yours sincerely,

shurdeek