newbie question about registering target

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip@mindsw.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:39:08 +0530

Hi!

I am presently working on a custom iptables netfilter target.

I already have a kernel module, which does some other work, loaded into
the kernel. To this, I am trying to add the target using
``ipt_register_target()''. The target is getting added without any error
messages. However when I try to use the iptables command line tool with
a rule specifying my target name(-j xxxx), it refuses to use the one I
registered  and starts complaining about the shared file being missing.
Why can't it just use the one i registered in the kernel module?

I have been going through the standard TARGETS that comes along with the
kernel source, and have been following the same code ...

any place i might be goofing up?

Thanks,
  Sandip