comlete lockup with reject and Token Ring interface

Harald Welte laforge@gnumonks.org
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:44:40 +0200

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 10:12:03AM +0200, Andreas Baetz wrote:
> When using "-j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset" in a rule where
> the interface is a Token Ring Interface, as soon as the rule matches,
> the comlete system is locking up (no keyboard and no network access
> anymore, system has to be power-switched).

what about a kernel panic? Do you have a kernel panic on your console ?

> I have used these rules often with eth interfaces without a problem so far.

I haven't even seen a token ring board in a linux box in my whole life.

I don't know anything about differences between linux token ring and ethernet
networking either.

So currently I have no clue what could be the cause of the problem :(

Maybe somebody else of the netfilter developers has more knowledge about
token ring.

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org               http://www.gnumonks.org/