Quick question regarding patch-o-matic.

Brad Chapman kakadu_croc@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Mills,

--- Jeff Mills <Jeff.Mills@pocoldlogistics.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> 	I have a question regrding patch-o-matic, and the h323 modules that
> were apparentlty announced on this list.
> Form the h323 patch:
> "Beware! At the moment patch-o-matic supports only *one* helper module:
>    you can cleanly apply either the IRC, or the talk, or the H.323 patch
>    by using p-o-m."
>
> I really want to use both the irc module and the h323 module, but I'm a bit
> of a newbie when it comes to kernel patches.
> Is it only patch-o-matic that has a problem with using both? Is there
> another way I can patch the kernel to be able to use both?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

	Well, if you are knowledgeable about C programming and the diff program,
you can shorehorn them into place. The problem is a shared header file which is
patched in an incompatible fashion in _all_ four conntrack/NAT helper patches.
This problem will be fixed in 1.2.4 (don't know how yet).

> Regards,
>
> Jeff Mills

Brad

=====