Netfilter and Dynamics Mobile IP

Shiva Raman Pandey shiva@sasken.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:40:06 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C15637.4D738190

Hello Friends,
I seek your help in area of Netfilter and Dynamics Mobile IP
My testbed configurations are :-
1. Linux Kernel - 2.4.9
2. Dynamics Mobile IP 0.7.5
3. Netfilter (iptables 1.2.3)
I am able to grab IP packets using Netfilter. I tried with ping, telnet
commands, and I am able to get the packet without any problem.

Now I am trying to grab all mobile IP control messages and packets using
Netfilter.
Commands I used are : (on the PC running as Home Agent)
iptables -A OUTPUT -p icmp -j QUEUE
dynhad --fg --debug

The Dynhad tool is displaying lots of agent adv. messages being sent, =
even
my Mobile Node is also getting them, but Netfilter is not getting any of =
the
message?
I am not able to understand why it is happening?

Please help me by answering these questions in the above context as soon =
as
possible
1. Why Netfilter is not getting the packets?
2. What should I do to get all the MIP packets?

Waiting for your earliest reply

Thanks and warm regards
Shiva

------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C15637.4D738190

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Friends,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I seek your help in area of Netfilter =
and Dynamics=20
Mobile IP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My testbed configurations are :-<BR>1. =
Linux Kernel=20
- 2.4.9<BR>2. Dynamics Mobile IP 0.7.5<BR>3. Netfilter (iptables =
1.2.3)<BR>I am=20
able to grab IP packets using Netfilter. I tried with ping, =
telnet<BR>commands,=20
and I am able to get the packet without any problem.<BR><BR>Now I am =
trying to=20
grab all mobile IP control messages and packets =
using<BR>Netfilter.<BR>Commands=20
I used are : (on the PC running as Home Agent)<BR>iptables -A OUTPUT -p =
icmp -j=20
QUEUE<BR>dynhad --fg --debug<BR><BR>The Dynhad tool is displaying lots =
of agent=20
adv. messages being sent, even<BR>my Mobile Node is also getting them, =
but=20
Netfilter is not getting any of the<BR>message?<BR>I am not able to =
understand=20
why it is happening?<BR><BR>Please help me by answering these questions =
in the=20
above context as soon as<BR>possible<BR>1. Why Netfilter is not getting =
the=20
packets?<BR>2. What should I do to get all the MIP =
packets?<BR><BR>Waiting for=20
your earliest reply<BR><BR>Thanks and warm=20
regards<BR>Shiva<BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C15637.4D738190--