Send packets from inside a hook function

Antonio Duran aduran@axiomasistemas.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:38:18 +0200

Hi people. I am doing a project with netfilter, and don't know if what i was
thinking to do is indeed possible.

That is the question: can you send a new packet while you're inside a
function connected to a netfilter hook? I want to send several packets before
returning from the function, but don't mind if they're queued or whatever
until you leave the hook.

The other option is copyng the packets i wan to send to user space, where a
daemon would take them and send them out.

Any thoughts, ideas, reflections ... are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Antonio.