Bug in Linux 2.4 / iptables MAC match module

Harald Welte laforge@gnumonks.org
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:46:20 +0200

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:25:39AM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Dear Netfilter Team,
>
> Thank you very much for your hard work in providing a world-leading
> firewall solution for free on Linux systems. Unfortunately we think we
> have discovered a bug in the Netfilter/iptables MAC address matching
> module.
>
> Please could you let us know as soon as you have some information
> regarding this bug. We very much hope to hear from you before Thursday
> 4rd October 2001. If not then we shall be forced, reluctantly, to publish
> this advisory.

The netfilter has a core team of developers, and I am one of them.

I have now picked up the task of fixing the mac address matching bug you
have discovered.  I'm convinced I'll find a proper solution until the
deadline of your advisory will expire.

> Thank you again for your help and hard work.

Thank you for your help in finding bugs in netfilter - and for

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org               http://www.gnumonks.org/