Connection sharing

Johnny Tang johnnytang24@hotmail.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:01:12 +0000

Hi

I was wondering if there exists a module/app which passes connection
statuses from one machine to another.  What I was thinking was something
like:  primary router is keeping track of the connections and running vrrp
(rfc2338), then when it dies and the backup router picks up as the gateway,
it will be able to keep the current connections.

If there isn't already a way to do this, perhaps someone can suggest what I
should read to learn more about the connection tracking?  Or about how this
should be implemented?  Perhaps as part of vrrp?  Seperate application?

Thanks,
Fei