Bug in Linux 2.4 / iptables MAC match module

James Morris jmorris@intercode.com.au
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:37:39 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Dear Netfilter Team,
>
> Thank you very much for your hard work in providing a world-leading
> firewall solution for free on Linux systems. Unfortunately we think we
> have discovered a bug in the Netfilter/iptables MAC address matching
> module.
>
> Please could you let us know as soon as you have some information
> regarding this bug. We very much hope to hear from you before Thursday
> 4rd October 2001. If not then we shall be forced, reluctantly, to publish
> this advisory.
>
> Thank you again for your help and hard work.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Chris Wilson, NetServers lead developer.

Chris,

This is to acknowledge that the core team is aware of this issue, and that
it is being investigated.

Discussion relating to this issue may be found in the following
netfilter-devel threads:

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-August/002050.html
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-September/002278.html
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-September/002283.html

We will advise you when further information is available.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris@intercode.com.au>