[ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.3

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Mon Mar 23 15:28:32 CET 2009

The netfilter coreteam presents:

     iptables version 1.4.3

the iptables release for the 2.6.29 kernel. It has been some time
since the last release and we've had a lot of changes all over the
place. Besides the usual fixes and cleanups, we have:

- numerous documentation updates from Jan Engelhardt and others

- a set of changes to move some of the iptables functionality to
   a shared library for tc and m_ipt from Jan and Jamal Hadi Salim

- another patch to make libiptc available as shared library. Some
   distributions have been carrying patches for this despite being
   explicitly unsupported. The library does not guarantee a stable
   API, but it should make life for distributors a bit easier.

- IPv6 support for the recent match from Jan

- TPROXY support by Krisztian Kovacs

- SCTP/DCCP NAT support by myself

And lots of smallish changes, almost 90% of which are from Jan.
Check out the Changelog for more details.

This release starts enforcing the deprecation of NAT filtering that
was added in 1.4.2-rc1, filtering rules in the NAT tables will cause
an error instead of a warning from now on. Please make sure your
rulesets are update appropriately.

Version 1.4.3 can be obtained from:

http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/downloads.html
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/