[ANNOUNCE] ulogd-1.21 released

Harald Welte laforge at netfilter.org
Wed Feb 16 16:21:23 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:34:43PM +0100, Martijn Lievaart wrote:
> Harald Welte said:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have released version 1.21 of the iptables userspace logging
> > daemon (ulogd).  This release is a minur bugfix update to the 'brown
> > paper bag' release 1.20. 1.20 was probably one of the last 'new feature'
> > updates for ulogd, since I'm already working on ulogd2, which includes
> > support for plugin stacks, IPFIX and ct_acct.
>
> So adding ipv6 support to 1.21 is probably a waste of time...?

I think it's probably not that much of a good idea.  Patches for the
http://svn.gnumonks.org/branches/ulog/ulogd2/ branch are more welcome.

ulogd2 doesn't yet compile, but I think you can try to figure out how to
integrate ipv6 support anyway.

I think the best idea is to do it right and add support for layer 2/3/4
protocols, very much like a real network stack.

this way we can have a single ethernet interpreter for mac addresses, a
ipv4 and ipv6 plugin for the respective headers, and a single tcp (and
udp) plugin that works both on ipv4 and ipv6.

If you have any better ideas, I'm open for suggestions.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/